Controlling Losses Through Prevention
Benjamin Franklin wisely once said “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound cure.” In today’s world, these words have never been truer. We live in a world where lawsuits have become an unfortunate possibility for any public entity. In fact, the cost of a typical lawsuit arising from an accident far exceeds the expenses to implement a sound prevention plan. The best solution to control the uncertain outcome of these accidents is to prevent them before they occur.
A proactive loss control program can be beneficial in the following ways:
- Fewer accidents
- Reduced injuries
- Increased productivity
- Greater compliance with mandated regulations
- Lower insurance premiums
Florida Insurance Alliance (FIA) supports our members by providing a complementary risk detection and prevention program to identify potential losses before they occur and provide recommendations to minimize the probability of future losses.
FIA’s loss control services include the following:
- Customized safety and loss prevention materials
- Assistance with enhancing the safety of your surroundings
- Playground safety
- Identifying hazards which can lead to future accidents
- Development of sound recommendations to minimize the likelihood of losses